B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is an Undergraduate Program, an Allied Health specialty concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the use of clinical laboratory tests. The B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) students can get exciting job opportunities in various places such as government hospitals, private hospitals, health care clinics, medical pathology laboratories, research laboratories, urologists, diagnostic centres, clinical laboratories etc.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (BSc MLT) Program
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (BSc MLT) is an undergraduate course of 3 years, which is divided into six semesters (two semesters per academic year). It is a paramedical program that offers practical and theoretical knowledge related to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of various kinds of ailments and health problems through various clinical laboratory tests. Students will get an exposure regarding how to perform the analysis of different body fluids during their course of study which includes haematological, bacteriological, immunological, chemical, histopathological and microscopical evaluation.
Students must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their higher secondary examination in science stream and should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as their compulsory subjects in 12th standard to be eligible for admission.
Some of the important roles of the B.Sc Medical lab Technician (MLT) is:
- They are required to collect the samples from the patients
- They should properly label them according to the patients
- They are responsible to store the samples and specimens in safe storage areas
- They should examine the specimens by subjecting them to various tests
- They are required to note down the findings and observations of the specimens and samples
- They are required to inform the concerned pathologist about their observations and findings and should try to identify the disease of the patient
The B.Sc Medical Lab Technology (MLT) course trains the students on the following aspects:
- The course trains the students on sample collection techniques
- The course gives training on different methods and techniques of storage of the specimens and samples that are collected
- The course trains the students on various examination methods involved in sample tests and specimen tests
- The students are given training on the operation of the relevant diagnostic equipment for performing the tests
- The students are also given the training to prepare the reports based on their findings of the samples and specimens
- The students are also given training on the basics of pathology
- The students are also given detailed information about the diseases that occur in human beings
- The students are also given a brief understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology
Some of the top recruiters hiring B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) students are:
Ranbaxy, Apollo Hospitals, Medanta Hospitals, Sun Pharma, HLL Life Care, Fortis Hospitals, Max Healthcare, Metro hospitals, Dr. Reddy Path labs, Padmashree Diagnostic Centre and more.
our career advisor will call you
Admission Open for 10th, 12th, BA, B.Com, B.Sc, MA, M.Com, M.Sc, BSW, MSW, B.Lib, M.Lib, D.El.Ed, B.Ed, M.Ed, BCA, MCA, BBA, MBA, Diploma, B.Tech, M.Tech, LLB, BALLB, LLM, D.Pharma, B.Pharma, B.Sc Nursing, M.Phil, PHD.